I'd like to control a small RC servo (5 V, 500 mA) from the GPIO pins via Python.
- What are the required electrical connections?
- Can I connect multiple servos to the Raspberry Pi?
- Are there any current limitations? Do I need to buffer the output pin with a transistor?
- Can I power the servo directly from the Raspberry Pi, or should I use an external power supply? Do I need a capacitor to smooth the servo's jerky power draw?
- What software/Python code do I need? I know I need 20 ms pulses, how can I achieve this?
- What kind of CPU load can I expect from using the Raspberry Pi in this way?