The way I setup the RPI is through sharing my laptop's connection via ethernet. I enabled SSH. Now I am trying to SSH from it without being hardwired to it the way I set it up and the connection keeps timing out. While sharing my PC's internet with the RPI I can SSH fine.
So I tried everything in this post: SSH - connection timeout when connecting
- I can ping it from my PC when I'm on the same network (hotel network), but it gives me "Destination net unreachable", then says that no packets were loss. Now that I'm on a different public network I can't ping it. I just get that the request gets timed out.
- I set up SSH using raspi-config.
- I can SSH from the RPI itself.
- I can SSH from the RPI itself using the actual address and port.
- I added ports: 80 and 55555.
Any ideas as to what could be the issue? I've read a lot of other posts, but I think I've done most of the tips given. The only thing I'm thinking is the way the hotel network is set up. AP isolation?