I've been at it for two weeks now (researching and trying different things) to create an image slideshow on the Pi but using hardware acceleration. I've tried several libraries like node-openvg-canvas, pi-presents, and openvg... All of which has had their set backs.
node-openvg-canvas: No support for image transparency
openvg: No support for image scaling
pi-presents: Requires X to be running (added bottleneck)
All I need is:
1. Read image from directory
- Know when the image has loaded as images are added to directory at runtime
2. Transition from one image to the other
- Using scale (modifying width and height)
- Using translate (modifying x and y coordinates)
- Using alpha (modifying image opacity)
3. Run on a timer (checking directory for new images)
4. Run standalone (headless) on the GPU
Any help is greatly appreciated.