How do I list the supported resolutions of my HDMI display/monitor?
On the raspberrypi website, there is a complete list of modes supported by raspberrypi but it does not list only the ones supported by my monitor.
From raspberrypi forum, you can use
- Run “tvservice -m CEA” to give a list of CEA supported modes.
- Run “tvservice -m DMT” to give a list of DMT supported modes.
- Run “tvservice -s” to give you the current state.
Alternatively you can do the following:
1. Run “tvservice -d <file>” to capture a monitor’s EDID.
2. Pass this file to edidparser. Run “edidparser <file>”.