Core Problem: I need 4 displays to show diffrent output (simple images)
For this kind of "Video Wall" problem, most solutions recommend one RPi for each display/monitor in a master/slave configuration. My goal is to be cost efficient, so i want to reuse laptop displays and stuff i already have. The GUI will be programmed in python using tkinter oder kivy. Data for the output images should be acquired via a wireless network connection.
- Network connection
- energy saving (battery, powerbank)
- different output for each display
- HDMI/VGA output connection (for LCD-Controller Boards needed for the FPD-Link (LVDS) Laptop Displays)
- not oversized (i dont want to use a RPi4 if a RPi Zero is enough ;))
what i already have:
- RPi 4
- RPi 3 B+
- 2x RPi Zeros
- 4 VGA LCD-Controllerboards (MT6820-b v2.0)
- 1 HDMI+VGA TTL+LVDS Controller Board
- 4 LVDS-Displays
Question: What is the easiest and cheapest configuration solving my core problem as stated above? Do you have any suggestions of possible subsystems i need to control the output images on the individual display?
- one RPi 4 with its two HDMI outputs and maybe one VGA output using an adapter board for the GPIO-Pins. The forth output could be a RPi Zero as slave.
- little bit better option, as i need the RPi4 for another project: RPi 3B+ with its HDMI output plus the GPIO VGA adapter board and two RPi Zeros as slaves
- maybe its even possible to just use 4 RPi Zeros, but the missing network connection introduces more problems.
Thank you for your help!