i am running a raspberry pi B+ headless and losing network connection irregulary. I am living with that since a few years, but now want to fix the problem. What would be a good approach to find out the reason?
- ssh connection to PI not possible sometimes (today failing nearly constantly, otherwise every few days)
- Active ssh connection aborted
- PI cannot get internet data (pinging google fails)
- Raspberry PI B+
- WIFI USB Adapter EDIMAX EW 7811Un
- My own app (digital picture frame) is running on python 3 and QT5.7
My countermeasures so far
- self implemented software wachdog that checks some connection parameters and reboots if necessary (i would say works in 95% of the cases)
- Auto PowerOff deactivated for the Wifi adapter by setting rtw_power_mgnt=0 and rtw_enusbss=0 in /etc/modprobe.d/8192cu.conf
- My WIFI connection at home sometimes gets interrupted as well. But far less often than the connection to the PI fails
- I know that similar questions have been asked before, but i was not able to adapt them to my specific problem, sorry.
Thanks for any directions