I have Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and Arduino Uno board, and I intend to make them communicate via Serial port connection.
I've already faced some problems with my Tools -> Serial Port greyed up before, but I solved it by downloading the package as it was recommended here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/guide/linux (Linux 32-bit ARM version;arduino-1.8.12-linuxarm.tar.xz) instead of installing Arduino via Linux command
sudo apt-get install arduino. This command installed me an older version of Arduino IDE (1.0.5), and that's why I decided to download Arduino IDE from the official download page.
But when I try to Upload or, at least, to Verify my Arduino sketch, all I got is the following:
Error: unrecognized option -mmcu=avr5
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Uno.
I followed this plan:
- Turn on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
sudo apt-get updatein Terminal
- Download Arduino ARM 32-bits https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software and open in Terminal file /arduino-1.8.12/install.sh
sudo usermod -a -G tty pi,
sudo usermod -a -G dialout pito provide user pi with access to the Serial port. This is
/dev/ttyACM0in my case.
- Waits until the Electronics icon appears in the Main menu -> Arduino IDE.
- Connect Arduino UNO to my Raspberry Pi using one of the unused USB-ports.
- Finally, choose the right port in Tools -> Port:"/dev/ttyACM0 (Arduino Uno)" as well as the board model Tools -> Board:"Arduino Uno" and try to verify your sketch.
This is where the issue comes.
My setup: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B - Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster):
Linux raspberrypi 4.19.97-v7+ #1294 SMP Thu Jan 30 13:15:58 GMT 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux
Arduino Uno (ATmega328) - connected via USB Type B
I had an idea if there something wrong with Arduino IDE versions overlapping because you cannot just remove/purge Arduino IDE 1.8.12 using
sudo apt-get purge arduino, and since I had both versions installed the same time, I might be able to destroy some vital files of the newest version by uninstalling the older one by the same Linux command.
Thank you for any help!