I lost the component lables KE 8J617 on my Raspberry 4

Do you know where I can get that component or what the name of that is (did a google search on the KE 8J617, that showed nothing)



  • Ah let me see. It is just a cap, C84 in the schematic: raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/104596/…. – tlfong01 Apr 26 at 3:49
  • 3
    You can get a complete set of replacement parts for ONLY $35 – Milliways Apr 26 at 3:54
  • And BTW, are you sure MAX7704 is switching anything? – tlfong01 Apr 26 at 4:03
  • 1
    Thanks all. looks like its a 3216 47uF SMD capacitor. I'll give it a try. Its a 4GB Pi-4 that costs here in NZ over $NZ100, so worth while to give it a try, instead of buying a new one. – AndyG. Apr 26 at 5:17

It is a TVS diode.

"A transient-voltage-suppression (TVS) diode, also transil or thyrector, is an electronic component used to protect electronics from voltage spikes induced on connected wires." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transient-voltage-suppression_diode


| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.