I am facing a weird issue, not sure if anyone else has come across something like this before.
I have two Raspberry Pi 4Bs with Raspberry Pi OS installed.
I can't ssh into them using my laptop for some reason.
I have tested using multiple devices, some work, some don't.
- Windows 8 (Home PC, Acer) | Putty, GitBash | Connects without any issue.
- Windows 10 (Bro laptop, X1E2) | Putty, GitBash | Connected the first time, but could type any commands. Does not connect subsequently.
- KDE neon (my laptop, T480s) | Kterminal | Connected the first time, but could type any commands. Does not connect subsequently.
- Windows 10 (my laptop, T480s) | Putty, GitBash | Connected the first time, but could type any commands. Does not connect subsequently.
- Android app called RaspController | Connects without any issue.
- Windos 10 (Surface) | Putty | Connects without any issues.
- Wife's macbook | Terminal | Connects without any issues.
For those that do not connect, if I type the wrong password, it says permission denied immediately. But if I type it correctly it is just stuck there doesn't start shell session. Sometimes I manage to connect (usually after i delete .ssh), but when I do then I am unable to type anything. Deleting .ssh/known_hosts and even .ssh from the home directory does not work.
I have tried reinstalling raspbain/Raspberry Pi OS multiple times and also swapping around the sd cards (this was before I realized some devices could ssh in without issues). I have upgraded everything on my laptop as well.
Both the T480s and X1E2 are able to ssh into other devices without issues (laptops).
I have tried ssh-ing from both Pis into each other, no issues as well.
I have also reinstalled openssl-sever on the Pis.
Anyone has any suggestions as to what I can look into next? I previously suspected the two Thinkpad models T480s and X1E2 had some issue but since they can ssh into other devices I guess not?