Hey , so here's the dilemma , I want to use My yet-unused Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB) in my car , providing it works , as it seems this one was from the first batches manufactured and people reported it having more or less serious issues.
Let me explain why this is not a duplicate , at least as far as I looked for an answer on stackexchange:
- I am looking for a solution regarding a new hardware which dictates it has different power requirements
- I am open to any solution that gets my pi working in my car , without damaging it
Now to the matter at hand. I will be using this pi in my car mostly to run one of the ported androids available on the internet so i can use Spotify and other android apps in my car , even Navigation apps , so might add a GPS component and a LCD later on. But Beware this won't be the only use of it , as it will be nice to have a small computer available in the car , so it will run raspbian at times too. what is the best solution?
I had a couple of ideas which i will put below so people with better knowledge would comment on them , but I am looking forward to other possible solutions too.
- Using a Power Bank with sufficient requirements to power the Pi , which can be charged via the car when the battery is dying (also if possible combining Power Banks to reach Required voltage or Current).
- Using the Car to Power the Pi. this would be a good idea but the thing is lately I have read and heard a lot about the fact that charging phones in cars can result in reduction of the phones battery life and even might damage the phone itself , because of the fluctuations in the power supplied by the car battery , so I was afraid the Pi would get damaged too, therefor suggestions for controlling the received power by Pi would be appreciated.
- Using available UPS options for RPi4 , or building a UPS solution for RPi4.
Note: I don't have the required Knowledge about electronics so don't assume I would know Much about electronics.