I have a rPi 4 that died on me, in two stages:
- First it would only show a yellow screen on HDMI outputs.
- Then later, it completely stopped outputting HDMI altogether. It seems to be in a reboot loop?
Things I have tried:
- Replaced power supply.
- Replaced monitor.
- eeprom recovery using Ubuntu imager utility to write SD card.
- eeprom recovery using Mac OS imager utility to write SD card.
- eeprom recovery via manual copy of eeprom recovery files to FAT SD card.
- Tried both HDMI output ports (neither shows physical damage.)
- Created new OS image.
What else can I try before I scrap this unit, and order a new one?
The rPi has been working just fine for a year or so, before this happened out of the blue.
plot-twist: It was a faulty HDMI cable. Apparently they can break down with normal use.