Hello I am very new to Raspberry pi having got a Raspi 0 only a few days ago. The only way I know to access any of the code is by ssh-ing from my laptop into the pi, but it worked and I was very happy with it. But then I wanted to go to another house and have the pi automatically connect to both my internet and the other house's. I followed this tutorial and ended up modifying my wpa_supplicant.conf and interfaces files, only to end up locked out of my pi because I could no longer ssh.
I only have Windows computers so I ended up having to do the following to change the files back to normal:
- Downloaded virtualbox following this tutorial
- Downloaded the virtualbox extension package for my version of virtualbox
- Partially followed this tutorial of how to read an SD card into virtualbox
- NOTE: the USB SD card reader was required
- NOTE: my computer never checkmarked the USB, it actually said that an error occured, but when I typed the code sudo fdisk -l I could see my USB SD reader
- I then mounted the card following this tutorial and modified my files before ejecting and celebrating
I ended up fixing my pi and I can now ssh back into it, but this was incredibly annoying to do, and I am wondering if there is a better way that I just missed.