There is Raspberry pi and windows communication working with wifi direct. In my scenario, Raspberry pi is the GO.
Auto-connect mins: I'm not setting its connection method as PBC(push button control). I'm using it's connection method as
set config_methods virtual_display
Steps that I do follow for auto-connect between android(GO) and Windows(client).
(1) I'm using a connection method as provide pin.
(2) start wifi direct on android.
(3) found discovered device on windows
(4) connect from windows and Enter PIN on the windows side. both devices connected successfully. Android as GO and windows as client.
(5) disconnect from android device.
(6) Restart wifi interface on android and windows
(7) now start wifi direct again on android and windows.
(8) found discovered device on windows
(9) connect from windows. (AT this time it will not ask for a password and connect with android without asking for a password).
I want to implement behavior like auto-connecting so I do not have to enter a pin every time. I want to make Raspberry PI as GO and windows as a client.
Please help me to understand the following questions with respect to Raspberry PI as GO
(1) How auto-connecting works in the p2p connection?
(2) Where the wpa_supplicant store information of the previously connected device?
(3) What change I have to make in the configuration file for auto-connecting.
My P2P configuration file
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev update_config=1 device_name=Direct-Pi-100 device_type=1-0050F204-1
I can connect Raspberry PI with windows successfully with the above config file. But the problem is only that I have to enter the PIN every time.
Please let me know in a comment if I miss anything. Thank you for your time !!
EDIT1: Auto-paring is not the correct word It's an auto-connect.