I was using a Raspberry Pi3 successfully connecting from Win10 PC with hostname (ssh pi@hostname). Ping hostname worked also.
I took the Pi3 chip and placed it into a Pi4. IP address changed from 192.168.1.180 to 192.168.1.181. I can still connect with ssh [email protected] but I can no longer connect with ssh pi@hostname. Nor can I ping hostname (i.e., ''Could not resolve hostname'').
status/attempts so far:
- hostname command confirms it is known by ssh
- Verizon My Network display shows the hostname
- /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts both show hostname
- i've rebooted the raspberry, the pc and the router many times
- i've reinstalled os-lite a few times (deleting .ssh\know_hosts before each attempt)
- i've tried using sudo raspi-config
- i've tried changing the hostname to hostname2 and back
- i noticed .ssh\known_hosts now only has one line with 192.168.1.181 ecdsa-sha2-nistp256... (with Pi3 it had two lines with hostname on the 2nd line), so i duplicated the 192.168.1.181 key with a 2nd hostname line ... no dice
Frustrating since it worked perfectly with Pi3.