I guess there is a bunch of related topics out there but I am tired of searching, workarounds, solving problems and getting confused more and more. I want to stream audio files on my computer or android phone to the raspberry pi which is connected by Hifiberry DAC to my old AV receiver.
At first I installed rpi-audio-receiver which did not work out. So, I installed gmediarenderer-ressurect which is now finally working - more or less. To cut things short:
- using Manajaro Linux on my station
- using LineageOS on my Android
- on the station GUPnP Universal Controller recognizes the Pi, VLC not, Kodi does but does not play music when choosing the raspi via context menu on music file
- on the phone UPnP Browser recognizes the Pi, BubbleUPnp and kodi do not
- I can play test sounds on my stereo, so the DAC is working
It seems to me that gmedia-renderer is not what I was looking for. Maybe you can point me to right direction. Thanks.
SysInfo PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)" NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux" VERSION_ID="10" VERSION="10 (buster)" VERSION_CODENAME=buster Debian 10.8 Linux raspberrypi 5.10.17+ #1403 Mon Feb 22 11:26:13 GMT 2021 armv6l GNU/Linux Raspberry Pi Model B Rev 2
PS: I emphasize that I do not want to make files a/v to the raspi as e.g. visitors should be able to play music directly from their phones, too. Maybe I should just switch to bluetooth...