Hey guys I'm facing a super strange problem that's been blocking me for days now. I have a RPi zero w and I can successfully flash the latest Raspbian Lite image onto the SD card and boot it up, but after the first shutdown, the rootfs gets corrupted/broken somehow and I can't boot anymore and I can't even access the partition from my computer either. Here are the steps that I'm doing:
- Use Raspberry Pi imager tool to flash latest Raspbian Lite to SD card
- Move SD card to RPi
- Power on
- Watch it automatically resize the image and reboot
- I can login and everything is working. I can reboot as many times as I want
- I run "sudo shutdown -h now" then after it shuts off I unplug it
- Plug the power back in to boot it up
- Boot fails. stuck on line "random: crng init done". At this point I can't boot anymore and I can't even read this partition from my computer anymore either, it says "bad file system, etc"
I can repeat this process as many times as I want. Re-imaging the SD card makes it work, but then after first shut down it breaks again. What am I doing wrong????