I have an RPi 3 running Raspbian Lite with vlc installed, I'm trying to get this setup for a TV, to play some branding from a directory on loop. Currently there's an issue with playing the audio from the MP4 clip through an HDMI cable. Sound plays through the auxiliary jack, but not on the TV. I've tried the following
- Uncommenting hdmi_group=1,hdmi_drive=2, and dtparam=audio=on in /boot/config.txt
- Using hdmi_drive=4 and hdmi_drive=1
- Ensuring that snd_bcm2835 is loaded on boot
- Ensuring that the playback device is set to HDMI and not headphones
- Uninstalling and reinstalling PulseAudio
I've also been attempting speaker-test to verify that vlc is not the issue here. OMXPlayer is not installed
Edit: Turns out the specific TV was telling the Pi that it was DMT instead of CEA. Its a weird tv/monitor that I used for testing, so I tried it on another TV and it seems to have solved my issue. No configuration necessary.