Before you say that I haven't searched the internet, whenever I type "pi camera not detected" I literally don't see a single unclicked result. I am slowly breaking apart.
PI 4 (8gb), V1.3 Camera, running latest Raspberry Pi OS 64Bit.
Uname -a : Linux raspberrypi 5.10.81-v8+ #1492 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 26 21:43:40 GMT 2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux
I am connected to my pi via WiFi & X2go, no old & slow vnc. Nothing is connected to the GPIO pins or USB Ports. The Camera (cable con. explaing later) is inserted in the "Camera" (near HDMI) / not display slot.
I tried everything:
- Using the official Raspberry Pi Power cable
- I connected the cable properly (pi: blue side towards usb ports, camera pcb: blue side outwards)
- sudo apt update, upgrade, rpi-update, reverting back with some command in Libcamera doc?
- Enabled I2C and Camera in Raspi-config & reboot
- Tried raspistill -> since deprecated -> libcamera-hello shows a "no camera available error
- vcgenmd get_camera shows supported=1, detected=0 <- In the beginning it showed detected=1 (before I installed libcamera? I don't remember, no difference though)
- v4l2-ctl shows:
sudo v4l2-ctl --list-devices bcm2835-codec-decode (platform:bcm2835-codec): /dev/video10 /dev/video11 /dev/video12 /dev/video18 bcm2835-isp (platform:bcm2835-isp): /dev/video13 /dev/video14 /dev/video15 /dev/video16 /dev/video20 /dev/video21 /dev/video22 /dev/video23 unicam (platform:fe801000.csi): /dev/video0
My /boot/config.txt looks like the following at the bottom (dtoverlay as suggested on the libcamera doc, commenting it, perhaps that's why get_camera resulted in detection previously):
dtoverlay=ov5647 # Enable DRM VC4 V3D drive dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d max_framebuffers=2 arm_64bit=1 start_x=1 gpu_mem=128
Importing PiCamera in Python3.8 (self-compiled since matplotlib isn't available on default 3.7) & 3.7 results in:
OSError: libmmal.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
And ldconfig -p | grep libmmal prints: [
I am done. I wasted at least 5 hours fixing this on my own. Maybe someone can untangle this mystery. I just want to take a picture...