I have a camera module which was working fine without the two infrared (IR) lights:
Today, I decided to place on the IR lights:
- turned off Pi
- attached the lights and rescrewed the camera on its mounting
- turned on Pi
Nevertheless, Pi cannot recognize the camera, even without the IR lights (which were glowing before). I have tried resitting the ribbon, converting to legacy (but no
raspvid there, only with
- What could go wrong? How can I repair the electronic circuit of the camera module?
- Is it possible that some kind of short-circuit happened? It shouldn't, but if yes, which one is most likely to fail, raspberry pi's side of circuitry or the camera's?
- My take is that a short-circuit shouldn't cause damage because the voltage is low, but I'm just an amateur, is my intuition correct?
- What can I do to troubleshoot the problem? Of course it's not the cost of the camera module (although it hurts a bit) but I ask more for learning purposes.