Failed to pair: org.bluez.Error.ConnectionAttemptFailed.
I am trying to connect my Bluetooth joystick controller '8bitdo Pro 2' to my RPi4. Below is the error I get. This appears to be the same error I have seen constantly asked about since 2014 up to the present day. Why are we still asking it?
I did once get a connection but other events took over & I started a new installation. Having spent 3.5 out of 4 months on this project it looks like I will lose time & considerable expense. There are many answers given, some simple others complex, but none have worked.
My controller connects via the 8bitdo Ultimate S/W on Windows 10 & has connected using
approxeng_install_show_controls on RPi4.
I have followed Approximate Engineering - Input - Command-line tools meticulously. It connects to the RPi taskbar icon.
At 78 years I need some help before it's too late.
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ bluetoothctl Agent registered [8BitDo Pro 2]# agent on Agent is already registered [8BitDo Pro 2]# default-agent Default agent request successful [8BitDo Pro 2]# scan on Discovery started [CHG] Controller 00:1A:7D:DA:71:15 Discovering: yes [CHG] Device E4:17:D8:19:2A:D5 RSSI: -37 [CHG] Device E4:17:D8:19:2A:D5 RSSI: -45 [CHG] Device E4:17:D8:19:2A:D5 RSSI: -37 [8BitDo Pro 2]# trust E4:17:D8:19:2A:D5 Changing E4:17:D8:19:2A:D5 trust succeeded [8BitDo Pro 2]# pair E4:17:D8:19:2A:D5 Attempting to pair with E4:17:D8:19:2A:D5 Failed to pair: org.bluez.Error.ConnectionAttemptFailed [8BitDo Pro 2]#
With thanks to anyone brave enough to provide an answer. PS the text was formatted when I wrote it.
Thank you for your further suggestions. I tried 'remove' without success & looked at the Sony wiki. By chance I realised I had started afresh & therefore the
8bitdo pro 2.yaml file was missing from the hidden folder
.approxeng.input. I originally had this problem when first successfully connecting. It seems
approxeng when generating this file does not write it to the correct folder (though goodness knows where). Fortunately, I run with a USB memory stick and save code, etc if needed. A 'find file' gave me access to copy & paste it to the correct folder. So without using
bluetoothctl I rebooted & hey presto!! I still have issues with buttons & the l2/r2 sticks but hey ho tomorrow is another day. My robotic vehicle now roams independently on the kitchen floor. thanks.