i been searching for solution for few days but cannot find any. i have an issue with the pulseaudio.
i have raspberry pi4b(64bit) with kodi installed and vlc running simultaneously.
-Linux raspberrypi 5.15.61-v8+ #1579 SMP PREEMPT Fri Aug 26 11:16:44 BST 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux
-TV connected with HDMI1 (kodi will use hdmi TV speaker)
-speaker connected to AV jack (listening to VLC streaming)
my issue started when
- sudo service lightdm restart
- pulseaudio profile for AV jack is missing from sound on taskbar
- vlc stoped playing sound
i did this because i want to return to desktop after quitting kodi and maybe changing the vlc volume. but since this issue, i had to use guiless vlc using cvlc and the vlc sound no longer stoped.
but everytime i do this the sound output in kodi always reverted back to pulse audio instead of HDMI.
what i tried:
- pulseaudio -k pulseaudio -D
- removed /home/pi/.config/pulse
is there any other best way to start/stop kodi and return back to desktop?
- i start kodi using kodi-standalone &
- and stop using kill pid
- not sure why i cannot use systemctl for this kodi (installed using apt install kodi)
thanks for your help.