Just installed PI OS LITE (64-BIT) on an SSD for my Pi 4B using the Raspberry Pi Imager (on a Windows machine). On first boot it keeps looping as follows:
- Rainbow splash screen
- "mmc1: Controller never released inhibit bit(s)" in top left of screen
- "Resizing root filesystem..."
- "Generating SSH keys" shows for less than 5 seconds
- "Fix PARTUUID" only shows for a fraction of a second (had to film my screen to be able to read it)
- "Rebooting in 5 seconds..."
- Screen goes black and we start back at 1
I tried reinstalling the OS to the SSD, but same result.
I had the 32-bit version of Pi OS Lite working earlier on the same SSD. Ran into compatibility issues, so trying to upgrade to 64-bit now.
I'm a noob when it comes to Pi's or Linux in general, so probably a mistake on my end. Anybody have an idea of what I'm doing wrong? If possible please explain in terms a Windows user can understand :)