I have a problem which I can not solve.
I have a Raspberry Pi 4B with 4GB RAM. This worked until this morning without problems with a USB 3.0 stick from Transcend and with 64-bit Bullseye PiOS (desktop).
I then formatted the stick and reinstalled the PiOS with RPI-Imager on macOS 14.0. Since then, the Raspberry Pi no longer boots into the desktop.
Here's what happened:
- Rainbow splash screen
mmc1: Controller never released inhibit bit(s)at the top left of the screen.
Resizing root filesystem...
Generate SSH keyis displayed
Fix PARTUUIDis displayed for only a fraction of a second (I had to film my screen to read it)
Restart in 5 seconds...
- The screen goes black and we start again from 1
Sometimes you can see the Raspberry Pi image for the desktop version which is displayed at normal system startup, for a second or so.
I then took another Raspberry Pi 4B with 2GB RAM for testing. This one shows the same problem all of a sudden (and never before).
What I have tried so far:
- Installed a fresh USB-Stick with the RPI-Imager -> same problem
- Deleted partitions from all USB-Sticks/SD-Cards, created MS exFAT partition and installed them with the RPI imager -> same problem
- Using the RPI imager, updated the bootloaders on both Raspberry Pi's. Both USB boot/SD card boot and SD card boot only. The process seems to work properly, but there is no green screen at the end, but the green LED is flashing constantly
- SD card installed with PiOS -> same problem
- 3(!) other power supplies (5V/3A, 5V/2,5A, 5V/4A) tested -> same problem
- Created USB-Sticks / SD-Cards on a Windows 11 computer -> same problem
- USB-Sticks / SD-Cards installed with Win32DiskImager (64-Bit Bullseye PiOS AND 32-Bit Bullseye PiOS) -> same problem
I'm sorry to say that I'm at a loss. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks a lot.