I'm looking for a link to a picture of a Raspberry Pi that has HTML pop-ups (mouseover and it tells you exactly what everything was depending on what you mouse was over). I can't remember what exactly I'm talking about - the right term is eluding me. Image map? I think that's it but I'm probably wrong!

It was a nice webpage that shows me what everything on the Raspbery Pi does. Generally, it shows users what "that thing that looks like blah and is next to that other thing in that place on the board" actually is.


  • Mouseover the 8 through-pin holes right under that GPIO pins? Tells you what they are, down to hole-by-hole accuracy.
  • Mouseover a capacitor? Tells you which capacitor it is and what it does (simplified)

1 Answer 1


I searched for "Raspberry Pi component map" and found this site. Embedding it loses the mouse-over functionality but this is the image they use.

Raspberry Pi board layout

  • God, I must've tried a couple dozen different word combos, and I couldn't find it to save my life. The word "components" was apparently the key. Thanks! That's the exact link I was looking for.
    – b4ux1t3
    Apr 9, 2014 at 7:08
  • 1
    Lucky guess! Great link by the way. I'm fairly new to Raspi and hardware in general so this is a real help.
    – Jamie Bull
    Apr 9, 2014 at 7:10
  • Yeah man, I hear ya. I have the main GPIO pins listed out on a (custom-made) poster, but I really needed the P5 header(didn't know the term at the time, and Google was useless!) pinout.
    – b4ux1t3
    Apr 9, 2014 at 7:16

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.