I am upgrading to a Raspberry Pi B+. These are my concerns:
- I have RASPBIAN via NOOBS on a full sized 16GB SD card.
- How do I get that onto a 64GB Micro SD card?
raspi-configdoes NOT support expanding a partition if you installed via NOOBS so I cannot just
DDthe card to another and later expand via
Some of my thoughts on how to solve the problem.
DDis out isn't it as NOOBS doesn't support partition resizing via
raspi-config. Is there another way to expand?
- Can I make a tar backup and restore that? Do I have to reinstall Rasbian fresh and extract the tar onto itself? If I do restore it that way, how do I ensure things I removed from Raspbian also get removed and I don't just dump a load of stuff onto?
- Is there any way to mount the new MicroSD card onto my original Pi via USB adapter and then clone form itself onto the mounted MicroSD via adapter? rpi-clone is out thought as that also does not support NOOBS (Man I hate I used NOOBS, I thought it was just the new supported method - not the 'locked on your same card forever' method)
- Can I get RASPBIAN running on my new B+ on its MicroSD (no NOOBS this time!) and then network it with my original B model with SD and somehow RSYNC from the B to the B+? How do I ensure this will remain bootable and anyone have any experience with the right commands for this?
I really REALLY would appreciate some help with this. I haven't seen a solution anywhere and spent the entire day yesterday googling and searching these forums.
Please also note: I have access to Debian/Ubuntu/Mint/Mac desktops if they are of use.
My current plan....
- Flash a fresh RASPBIAN onto the micro-SD card so that it is partitioned correctly and has FAT drive etc
- Insert via USB SD reader the micro-SD into running Pi
- Format the RASPBIAN partition on the micro-SD blank leaving just the FAT partition
DDfrom my noobs RASPBIAN partition on my original SD to the micro-SD via adapter
- Put the micro-sd into new B+ and hope for the best
- If it does boot hopefully use raspi-config to expand the partition (as it will now no longer be NOOBS)
Should this work? Will it boot?
Remember this is going from a NOOBS-Raspbian to a Regular-Raspbian... can that even be done?!
I don't see anyone ever accomplishing this ever before...