Anyone have any tips to help troubleshoot turning a simple LED on connected through the MCP23017?
- I've installed i2c-tools, and smbus.
- Nothing in my blacklist.conf
- Added i2c-dev to /etc/modules.
- Wired up the same as this tutorial which is the same as Adafruits
- Shows at 20 using
i2cdetect -y 1
- 99.9% sure the wiring is correct. (all done on a breadboard, so no solder to go wrong)
- have tried 2 different chips, very doubtful its the chip itself
I've tried Adafruit's python scripts/libraries which run but nothing happens. Also have tried the following:
i2cset -y 1 0x20 0x00 0x80 i2cset -y 1 0x20 0x14 0x01
Nothing I do can get the light to turn on. I dont know a lot of whats happening with i2cset, is there a place I can look to see if its actually writing? After entering the command theres no feedback, just next line. Image of wiring, hopefully you can see what you need from it. The chip on the right isn't wired up.