I need to change the HDMI output on my Pi to one from a desktop PC. The one from the pc has cables that I want to use. Can I just solder these cables where the original was?

| improve this question | | | | |
  • 1
    Without a technical description of the replacement connector, it would be very difficult to answer. – Paused until further notice. Oct 23 '12 at 2:04
  • At this moment there is no replacement connector, I don't yet know what to buy. The only requirement is that it is gonna be mounted in the back of a PC-Case. Any suggestions? – justanotherhobbyist Oct 23 '12 at 2:07
  • What HDMI input? – Jivings Oct 23 '12 at 4:39
  • @Jivings: I think the OP means output. hustlerinc: Then you would need the the technical description of the cable that you want to use. My suspicion now is that you want something like a short HDMI male-to-female extension cable with a panel mount on the female end and a PC case bracket that will accept that mount. No soldering would be required if that's the case (and if you can find such a thing). – Paused until further notice. Oct 23 '12 at 11:01
  • Yes Dennis you are correct, I meant the output, and I thought of what you're describing but having trouble finding it. If it exists I would be happy to order it from the moon even. – justanotherhobbyist Oct 23 '12 at 15:55

Adafruit offers the cable you are looking for (a panel mount HDMI Extension cable).

| improve this answer | | | | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.