I was playing with pi's GPIO a little and then my pi stopped working.
Red LED light is barely visible, other LEDs are off.
I left the pi for a day or two alone and the red light got little stronger and green light lit up as well (stays on, doesn't blink) but still no video signal. After some further testing it went back to weak red light only.
After half an hour it's again strong red and green light.
- I tried disconnecting everything except SD card and USB power cable but it didn't help.
- I checked the fuse, voltage drop below 0.3 V, seems OK.
- Tried another cable, plugging it into power adapter and USB, nothing changed.
- Checked output voltage of power adapter without pi connected, it was around 5 V but when i connect the pi, it drops to 3.5 V.
- I measured the current drawn by pi ... 1.2 amps?
- also the main chip gets quite warm, can't keep my finger on it after 30 seconds from power up
Any ideas what is wrong?