I'm trying to create a 'one touch' system for a disabled user to play a Spotify playlist - the Raspberry Pi seems an ideal candidate for this project.
- User can only hit a plastic switch (like this Buddy Button);
- I'd ideally like this switch connected to an IR remote (optional);
- Pi receives IR signal, or direct GPIO connection and plays Spotify playlist;
- Switch gets hit again, Spotify stops.
- What might be an ideal distro for this? Should I use an existing Modipy based one or would I be stuck on trying to hack an existing program?
- Are there any IR remote options to trigger scripts for the RPi?
- How would I begin to script the IR or GPIO input to control Spotify?