I have a problem with my Raspberry Pi 2, after a week yesterday I tried to boot up but it won't read my SD Card & I'm not getting any display on my TV. I checked the PWR & ACT led on the board they both were solid and as much as I know the ACT led should be blinking, which tells us whether raspi is able to read SD card or not. I also tried switching my SD cards. Previously it used to show rainbow colours on the screen when I booted it up without SD Card or with SD Card. I'm running NOOBs v1.5 on my SD Cards and I'm using Samsung MicroSDHC Class 6 SD Card. I've got 2 of them.
You shoud try to test your hdmi cable on some other devices. (You can even try an other hdmi cable with your pi) If cable works correctly on some other device you can use google to find tutorial how to set up rasperry pi sd card correctly. But if it still does not work i thik you shoud contact rasperry pi directly or the retailer where you bought it. I personaly have had broplems with my raspi and hdmi cables.
- since led are solid ( not off and not blinking ), it is not a power issue.
- Check the content of SD on a PC. Is SD OK ? readable ? conataining files ?
- wheather you are using RGB or HDMI my suggestion is to move to pc display ( just to be on the safe side fo diagnosing ).
- Try with and without SD inside slot ( when there is a SD inside you sould see that "rainbow" screen ). Does RPi reacts to SD inside ?
- If there is "rainbow" screen, try boot again, holding SHIFT key. If you get a slection screen it means: A) your RPi is functioning OK, B) NOOBs is running OK until this part.
Update for further assistance,
SD card needs to be formatted as FAT32
Use Etcher if you aren't already doing so.
Download Raspbian Desktop ZIP file from Raspberry Pi Foundations Download website
Don't open ZIP file. Burn to SD card with etcher.
Make sure you are using a correct power supply. RPi2: 2 Amps, 5 volts. RPi3: 2.5 Amps, 5 volts.
Plug HDMI, Keyboard and mouse into RPi.
Turn on monitor and boot RPi.
Want to use NOOBS? Tell me in comments.
This may happen due the corruption of memory card plz download SDcard formatter and format your memorycard and WRITE the rasbian software using windisk imager (latest release is STRETCH).plz check the memory of your card in my computer if it is showing some 64mb out of 4/8/16 GB then partition your memory card (youtube videos are available for partitioning)