In my home I have sun-shade that I can control via a handheld transmitter. I already figured out that it is sending on 868 mhz.

Now I'd like my raspberry to read send those signal instead (or as well as) the handheld remote.

The main problem I am currently facing is that I find quite a lot of tutorials on how to do that with 433 mhz modules and a ton of hardware modules.

For 868 mhz I just can't find a tutorial nor the hardware that I need. My 433 modules were super cheap thingies... Aren't there the same ones for 868 mhz.

I live in Austria (Europe) so something available in Europe would be nice :) Any hints are very very welcome!!!!

  • This Enocean board looks like it might do the job, although it's relatively expensive for what sounds like a fairly dumb radio transmitter. What might be useful is that it looks quite well documented.
    – goobering
    Commented Mar 4, 2016 at 14:34
  • Hm... it also takes up quite a few GPIOs on my raspberry :( Would be great if I could find something like amazon.de/Aukru-Superregeneration-433M-receiver-module/dp/… but only for 868 mhz :)
    – Georg
    Commented Mar 4, 2016 at 14:43
  • amazon.de/… ?
    – goobering
    Commented Mar 4, 2016 at 14:44
  • sending from china... will take a couple of weeks to arrive :) and I want to hack :)
    – Georg
    Commented Mar 4, 2016 at 14:48
  • One from GB here.
    – goobering
    Commented Mar 4, 2016 at 14:53

1 Answer 1


What you need to look at is the IEEE_802.15.4 standard specification. That include many popular protocols for the frequency you are interested in, such as: ZigBee, ISA100.11a, WirelessHART, MiWi, SNAP, and Thread.

That frequency belong to the Unlicensed ISM/SRD bands: 863.0 – 870.0 MHz (ETSI EN 300 220). So there are tons of devices Arduino, RPi etc devices that you can use to transmit.

Also check LoRa devices.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.