I build a vending machine, which will be behind different Wifi networks in malls. I cannot influence any configuration of the wifi network. For the regular usage the vending machine uses the internet via wifi.
- I want to be able to access the machine from the outside with an ssh connection, to maintain it, for continuous deployment, see logs from uncaught exceptions, etc.
- I want to be able to send commands (via sms/or ssh/or browser..) to the machine. E.g
sendCurrentLogs, to trigger a function which sends logs (via wifi: for cost reasons).
How I plan to do it
I want to buy a "3g breakout board" and use a
dyn dns provider to communicate to the machine. So I should be able to have a fixed IP I can use for the ssh access. Obviously I want a fast connection to transfer files.
For everyday transfers like logs I will use cronjobs.
- adafruit fona 3g breakout
- sim card
- dyn dns service
- I need a fast connection but the vendor page says:
basic functionality working but it will be a while until we get full GPRS TCP/IP and HTTP support, so can I reach my goal with this module?
- How am I able to tell the raspberry which internet connection it should use?
- I'm glad for any good tutorial/ressource on this topic, you can recommend
- Is there a better method to achieve the above goals. I thought about polling for sending commands but this still leaves the ssh issue. There are some services for managing
But I'm not so sure if/how they bypass the wifi settings.