I can't get Raspbmc to browse my shared folders on my Windows 7 computer that is in the same network. When trying to add a networklocation, I get 'connection timed out'
Things I have tried:
- I deleted all the workgroups in the network.
- I've set my network type to 'home network'
- I've opened up all the setting under 'change advanced sharing settings' both under 'public' and 'home or work'
- I shared a folder on my Windows 7 computer via -> share with -> specific people -> everyone
- I installed the latest nightly build
- I executed 'sudo apt-get install samba' in the terminal, witch stated the latest version of samba was already installed
- I am able to ping the pc with the shared folder from the pi.
- Tried turning off windows firewall
- I've tried making windows users and filling in those credentials when connecting
I have a second computer also running windows 7, XBMC on this pc is able to see my shared folder. I'm fairly technical but really inexperienced with Linux, is there something that I am missing?
Also don't know if this is related but i cant connect via putty, I get 'connection refused'
I asked this question on superuser last night, I did not know there was a stackExchange dedicated to raspberry pi.