I am planning to build a camera which will track a target and keep "looking at it" in motion. The camera needs to have vertical/horizontal panning/tilt.
I am not sure if this is the platform to discuss this. I would appreciate if this can be broken down into smaller tasks / units
Thanks Kenneth & Clement. I broke down the problem into smaller bits
1) slider motor -- for movement along a track,
2) pan & tilt motor to move in horizontal & vertically.
3) wifi unit to connect to the device remotely 4) control device using an ipad / joystick + visual display
Programming required - 1) identify target and camera always on that - use IR locking (once at start & once at end) and keep the camera looking at it always. Not very clever!
2) use openCV to identify target & use it to 'keep looking' at it - light can be an issue if we are to look at target in low-light conditions
3) smoothing algorithm to avoid sharp movements
4) develop app for ios