I was trying to setup my new Raspberry Pi 3 (Model B). I do have a wireless mouse and monitor but no keyboard so I decided to go for a headless-ish setup. Here's what I did:
- I installed the latest version of NOOBS on my SD card and inserted into the Pi.
- I connected my Pi to the monitor and powered it up.
- I clicked through the installation steps to install Raspbian on the Pi. That went smooth and I could see Raspbian setup on the Pi pretty soon.
- I powered down the Pi ("shutdown" from Menu) and disconnected it from my monitor. I then connected it to my router with an ethernet cable and powered it up again. (the monitor I use is a TV which is setup in a different room than the router so I can't connect them at the same time without significant effort).
- Next I did
arp -ato determine Raspberry's IP address which worked fine. (
- Then I tried to ssh into the address I discovered:
ssh email@example.com, which failed with a
Connection Timed Outerror.
- Trying to ping the IP gives me:
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
Request timeout for icmp_seq 2
Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
ping: sendto: No route to host
Request timeout for icmp_seq 4
ping: sendto: Host is down
Is there any way for me to fix this problem without having to go buy a keyboard? I searched around a lot and all solutions involve poking the network from the Pi command line.
I'm attempting to ping my Pi from my Macbook. I've disabled Firewall on my Macbook.
Thanks for the help.