I have a plan to put a Raspberry Pi in my center console of my 2012 Nissan Maxima. I'm new to Raspberry Pi, but have experience with technology of this sort. In the center of my car, I have a:
- USB charging port
- RCA "Phono" Yellow White Red (white red for each side of car, yellow feeds into monitor of car for video)
- 12 V auxiliary power outlet (I believe this is the right name for it)
Again, I am new to the Raspberry Pi, so I'm not entirely sure how they operate, but between the USB charging port and the 12V auxiliary power outlet, that should be enough to power the Raspberry Pi. From here, I will connect a simple power bank between the Raspberry Pi and the power source so my Raspberry Pi has enough time to do a proper shutdown after I turn my car off. Then, hopefully, I will be able to install navigation software on the Raspberry Pi, and connect it via the Internet through my phone (either by Bluetooth or WiFi).
To sum my problems up...
- What power source (USB charging port or 12 V auxiliary power outlet) am I going to need to use for my Raspberry Pi? (If the answer is the 12 V auxiliary power outlet, what adapters will I need?)
- Do I need a power bank for proper shutdowns? Or should this not be a concern?
- How do I properly hookup the RCA Yellow White Red Phono connections to my Raspberry Pi?
Additionally, please tell me if there is a better way to set this up, even if its a different approach. My resources were stated at the start of the question, and I'm willing to buy any equipment needed.