I'm trying to share some files with my macbook (running OS X El Capitan v10.11.4) so that I can edit them without uploading them after each edit.
I've tried this guide and I can connect to the pi and see the shares. When I try and access them though, I get this:
The operation can't be completed because the original item for "home" can't be found.
Why would I get that message?
[Edit] @ Milliways - this is step by step what I did:
- Downloaded NOOBS to install Raspbian from the raspberry pi website.
- Set a static IP address on the PI.
- Enabled SSH access.
- Ran the sequence of commands* below.
- Connected from my Macbook to the Raspberry PI in OSX Finder and selected whereupon I could see the default share that netatalk suggests.
- Clicked on the home share and when prompted, entered the
raspberrydefault pi credentials.
*Sequence of commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install netatalk sudo /etc/init.d/netatalk stop sudo nano /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default sudo /etc/init.d/netatalk start
...and that's when I got the error message mentioned above.
[Edit2] - This is what my netatalk file changes look like:
# The line below sets some DEFAULT, starting with Netatalk 2.1. :DEFAULT: allow:pi options:upriv,usedots,noadouble,rw # By default all users have access to their home directories. ~/ "home" / "pi-root"