I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", but perhaps one day there will be and someone can post a new answer :)
Specifically I'm after:
- Does not require internet access
- Does not require a proprietary hub
- Controllable via Raspberry Pi, if necessary via USB dongle
- Capable of illuminating a room well enough to walk around and find things
- Does not have a microphone (in a better world this would be obvious, but...)
- Ideally, capable of dimming as well as just switching on and off
- Ideally uses existing network such as bt, wifi, or homeplug
I did some googling, and this is a nice summary of what's available:
Unsurprisingly though, all of these are designed to lock you in to a specific vendor. Some of them could be reverse engineered, but I really shouldn't have to do that.
There's also "Energenie" remote-controlled plugs:
A great idea, but not a very elegant solution for this case, and anyway they don't ship internationally.