I can't find anything online about installing Windows IoT to an USB drive. My Raspberry Pi 3's microSD slot is occupied, and the official guide says I need to use a microSD card in order to flash it with Windows IoT. I want to flash a USB drive with windows 10 IoT and have my Raspberry Pi 3 boot from that instead of the microSD card.
I have thought of two ways I could do this:
- Set up my Pi 3 to boot from USB, copy the Linux image to a USB flash drive and boot it.
- Follow the Windows IoT setup, even though it's for SD cards.
- Hope Windows IoT installer won't complain that it's not an SD card.
The other way I thought of was
- Set up my Pi 3 to boot from USB, copy the Linux image to a USB microSD card reader with a microSD card inserted.
- Follow the Windows IoT setup
- Hope Windows IoT installer won't complain I'm using an USB card reader.
Is this possible or has anyone attempted anything like this?