I have a problem regarding the uart not working at all, following are the steps as done from my side.
- updated and upgraded the raspberry pi,initially i installed raspbian wheezy to sd card and i am running pi over ssh.
in config.txt added
enable_uart=1 core_freq=250 force_turbo=1 dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt
in cmdline.txt removed the line related to ttyAMA0, the remaining command is as follows:
dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait
i opened the minicom and tried to see if data appears, but i was not able to visualise any kind of data. Following is the python code:
import time import serial print "Starting program" ser = serial.Serial('/dev/ttyAMA0', baudrate=9600, parity=serial.PARITY_NONE, stopbits=serial.STOPBITS_ONE, bytesize=serial.EIGHTBITS ) time.sleep(1) while 1: ser.write('Success') print 'Data Echo Mode Enabled' ser.close()