In my father's farm, he may face a problem with wild boars. There are currently too many of them around. They already came to my father's farm but they did not destroy anything (there's not much to destroy atm) but we are expecting them to come when the season of corn, potatoes, etc is more advanced than it is now. It's a small farm but provides food for the entire year and some boars can destroy a lot of property in a single night.
We have some solutions, but i tought of a much cheaper (and non-intrusive) idea but i need some feedback. This idea was based on a farmer on a close by village that has a system which makes a gun sound every 20 minutes during the night.
What i want to try to implement is a similar system but with Raspberry Pi and/or Arduino.
The pre-requesites of this possible system are:
- Fully autonumous using solar panel(s).
- Recharge batteries during the day.
- Stop recharging batteries when full.
- Working hours: 10 pm to 7 am.
- Recharging hours: 7 am to 8 pm.
- Play gun sound every 20 minutes (10 pm to 7 am).
- Speaker should be heard 200 meters away from it's position (assuming almost no background noise).
I need feedback on the idea above or if it is completly wrong another possible solution for this problem.