I bought this air quality sensor for my Raspberry PI

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

As you can see, it uses a small male-male ribbon connector (10mm). I am looking for a clip breadboard connector/adapter as I would like to avoid soldering. The wires are very small (1mm each).

Are such connectors/adapters available (UK if possible)? What do you recommend to do if I can't find one?

  • 1
    It's hard to tell from the picture but that looks like a JST cable end. So what you need is a JST header like this ebay.com/itm/… with thecorrect number of pins. Be careful because JST connectors have multiple sizes and spacings. I suggest you get a better pic of the connector and measure the distance between pins (very accurately) then search by the number of pins you need. May 10, 2017 at 8:42
  • Is the second image better?
    – Rojj
    May 10, 2017 at 9:45
  • Can you post one of the other side of the connector? May 10, 2017 at 9:50
  • Done. I have edited my post. It is a male-male cable.
    – Rojj
    May 10, 2017 at 10:18
  • I ended up buying this
    – Rojj
    May 13, 2017 at 9:14

1 Answer 1


I am almost certain that is a JST connector, eBay or a local electronics store should have what you need. A cheaper and easier solution would be to use male to male jumper wires to connect it to a breadboard.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.