Been trying for hours to figure this out. What I did:
- installed raspbian on the sd card
- enabled ssh from
- connected ethernet cable router-pi
- grabbed pi's eth0 MAC address
- add said MAC to the static DHCP table on the router (chose 192.168.8.12; pooling starts at 192.168.13.1; router ip: 192.168.15.15)
- restarted everything
Now the issue: can't ssh into the pi; I tried from the pi (based on tons of searches):
ping 22.214.171.124(google) -> runs indefinitely (not even fails).
ping google.com-> unknown host
ping 192.168.15.15(router) -> same as ^
ssh localhost-> accept fingerprint; works
- cable is fine
- logging onto the router, pi doesn't show up as connected but the other devices do
... eth0 ... state UP ... inet 192.168.8.12
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface 0.0.0.0 192.168.15.15 0.0.0.0 UG 202 0 0 eth0 192.168.15.15 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 UH 202 0 0 eth0 192.168.8.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 202 0 0 eth0
Now I can't say I 100% understand how these work but am completely lost; can anyone spot the issue?
What can I try?