I have the following:
- Raspberry Pi model B (call it rPi)
- A second Raspberry Pi model B (call it backup rPi)
- A micro SD card with adapter, the brand is SanDisk
- An SD card, brand is Lexar
The problem is that the rPi won't boot the micro SD card.
Additional info: The rPi used to boot this micro SD just fine. I guess the last time I used it was around a month ago or two, now it doesn't boot anymore. I tried to boot the same micro SD card on the backup rPi and it seemed that it was not working (but I'm not 100% sure about this statement). The Lexar SD card boots in both rPi and backup, and I want to point out that it was a copy of the former micro SD.
What I have tried: I installed a new version of raspbian on the micro SD using etcher as suggested on the instructions.
The current state of affairs:
- rPi only boots the Lexar SD, when plugged with the micro SD only the red PWR led lights up
- backup rPi boots both the SanDisk micro SD and the Lexar SD
I'm not sure how to proceed to further debug this problem. I know that I could simply use the micro SD on the backup rPi and the Lexar on the rPi, but in that case I would not trust any of the two to work safely.
UPDATE: I made a third raspbian using a microSD from my smartphone, the result is the same as the previous SanDisk card: boots on backup but not on rPi. I used the same microSD to SD adapter in both cases.