There is this not-so-well-documented feature about shortening Pin 5 (GPIO3) to GND for booting a halted PI (see e.g. here) which is called
As it is possible to change almost everything about Pins being high/low or have a certain function with
dtoverlays (I use them both for other purposes) I can't find any documentation about changing that
wake-from-hold-pin to another pin than GPIO3.
Background: I use
dtoverlay=gpio-shutdown on GPIO34 and would wish to combine that with the
wake-from-hold-functionality on the same GPIO.
My main ressources so far:
- List of dtoverlays, but no overlay with "wake" or "boot" functionality
- List of dt-blob options, but again no
pin_defines-option for my concerns
- I'm aware of the RUN pin (see datasheet section "8 Booting"), which will be my "workaround" but from board layout perspective GPIO34 with GPIO3-functionality would be a much smarter choice.
Do you have any hints on this?
- Raspbian Jessie, 4.9.40-v7+ #1022 SMP Sun Jul 30 11:16:10 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 with custom board