So I installed Raspbian Jessie onto my Raspberry Pi 3 because I want to use RetroPie and Stretch doesn't support it yet. I installed Raspbian just fine, it boots and works as expected.
After that I went on to manually install RetroPie, and since that the following happens:
- Raspbian boots into desktop - tty7, great.
- Maybe 5 seconds after this, it automatically reverts to tty1 and I have to Ctrl + Alt + F7 back into desktop mode.
So far I have tried the following:
- I have run raspi-config and within boot options have set it so it boots into Desktop without password, however this doesn't work.
- I have run retropie_setup.sh and set the boot option to boot into desktop mode, this does not work.
- Similarly, I have set emulationstation to run on boot, which works fine but then if I close out of emulation station, xserver is not running and I have to run startx to get a GUI.
Has anybody got any other ideas I can try please?