I have installed RetroPie on a new Raspberry Pi and went to set up a controller. After pressing all the buttons as requested, I was prompted to select something for "Hotkey Enable". What is this supposed to represent? I'm all out of buttons on my controller, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do when prompted for this.
As MDMarra suggested, you can skip this assignment by holding any button. If you do have a dedicated button like the Xbox button or PS button on your controller, you can assign it to make some of the emulator shortcuts use it.
Here are the shortcuts I've seen so far:
- Hotkey+Start = exit emulator
- Hotkey+Right shoulder = save state
- Hotkey+Left shoulder = load saved state
- Hotkey+Left = decrease current saved state slot number
- Hotkey+Right = increase current saved state slot number
- Hotkey+X = quick menu (with access to most of these other items)
- Hotkey+B = reset game