So I have a Pi-Cam and a Raspberry Pi 3 B+, and I'm trying to get them to work together. Note: This camera has worked many times before today's errors.
A few things:
- The voltage is fine (red light is constantly on)
- The camera is plugged into the CSI port (in between HDMI and Ethernet)
- The metal strips on the camera are facing towards the HDMI port
- I've tested the camera with another raspberry pi, but I'd like to use it with this Pi.
- The camera is enabled from sudo raspi-config > Interfacing > Camera
The CSI connector (that little white piece at the top) is a bit broken and will fall off quiet readily if the camera is not attached. Would this be an issue?
Here's the error when I run
raspistill -o image.jpg:
mmal: Cannot read camera info, keeping the defaults for OV5647 mmal: mmal_vc_component_create: failed to create component 'vc.ril.camera' (1:ENOMEM) mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not create component 'vc.ril.camera' (1) mmal: Failed to create camera component mmal: main: Failed to create camera component mmal: Camera is not detected. Please check carefully the camera module is installed correctly
Is there anything else that I could try to get this camera to work?