I'm unable to get an ethernet connection with a raspberry Pi 2 over a cat7 cable of 40m. It works with my laptop, works over a short cable with same Pi. I used a same alimentation cable of 2.0A 5V
The reason I choosed cat7 cable was the price which was just 10% more and the perfs of this cable are better
- cable tested with a multimeter, every pins are working
- Laptop connected to that same cable is working
- Pi connected to LAN with short "normal" ethernet cable
- I could get it work without problem twice and then disappeared!
- two different raspberry pi hardware connected on this cable
--- 192.168.0.17 ping statistics --- 6474 packets transmitted, 2843 received, 56% packet loss, time 6538201ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.823/1.035/1.151/0.041 ms