Here is the case:
- I have a notebook and a Raspberry Pi on a local network
- I want to start
omxplayerfrom the notebook to run on the Raspberry PI showing video there but playing the sound on my notebook.
paprefsis set on the notebook to
- “Enable network access to local sound devices”
- “Allow other machines on the LAN to discover local sound devices”
- “Don’t require authentication”
paprefsis set on the PI to
- Make discoverable PulseAudio network sound devices available locally
padevchooseron the PI finds the sound server on the laptop
Now On the PI I run
omxplayer -o alsa video.avi, it plays the video on the PI and plays the audio on the laptop. It seem OK.
- From the laptop I login into the PI
- I run the
omxplayer -o alsa video.avi
Result: An error message appears:
ALSA lib pulse.c:243:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Connection terminated
and no audio either video is played
Remark: in case of
omxplayer -o local video.avi it plays the audio and video on the PI
What would be the problem here?